© 2008 Kentucky Virtual Library/Council on Postsecondary Education
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
- Academic Search Premier is a scholarly, full text database designed for academic institutions. The database contains indexing for 8,176 publications, with full text for nearly 4,700 of those titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- AGRICOLA (EBSCO)
- AGRICOLA contains bibliographic records from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Agricultural Library. Coverage for AGRICOLA dates back to 1970 and includes more than 2.5 million citations. The citations are comprised of journal articles, monographs, theses, patents, software, audiovisual materials, and technical reports related to agriculture.
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information (EBSCO)
- Effective July 2012, AHFS Consumer Medication Information will replace the Lexi-PALS Drug Guide as the source for patient drug information. It is published by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and available in both English and Spanish.
- Alt-Press Watch (ProQuest)
- Alt-Press Watch is a full text database comprised of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the alternative and independent press. Alternative newsweeklies, available in most cities, give readers alternative perspectives on politics, government, policy and culture; report on issues of government and education, local, national and international issues; and cover topics such as hunger, abuse, the environment, religion and the arts, including reviews of theater, movies, books, local attractions, etc. The magazines and journals of the alternative and independent press provide in-depth coverage of a broad range of critical issues confronting contemporary society, including ecology and the environment, grassroots organizing, labor, indigenous peoples, public policy, genetics, and much more.
- Amazing Animals of the World (Grolier)
- Amazing Animals is a database available through Grolier Online which contains reference and media materials on 1200 animals for grades 2 and above.
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- Business Source® Premier offers indexing and abstracts for the 350 most important scholarly business journals back to 1965 or the first published issue. This database includes searchable cited references for 1,205 journals. Business Source Premier covers full text journals in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance, econometrics and economics.
- Career and Technical Education (ProQuest)
- Designed for both students and instructors, ProQuest Career and Technical Education is an excellent source of vocational information for community colleges, two-year institutions, public libraries, and high schools offering technical courses. Overall, the database covers more than 400 publications, and ASCII full-text articles-some dating back to 1991-are available from more than 380 of them. Articles in the full-image and/or Text+Graphics formats are available from more than 340 sources, many with coverage dating from 1996. The image article formats include all the charts, diagrams, graphs, tables, photos, and other graphics originally published with the text.
- CINAHL & CINAHL with Full Text (EBSCO)
- Gain access to informative health literature with CINAHL, the authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers. Offering complete coverage of English-language nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses' Association, this database covers nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines, and contains:
Indexing for over 1,200 nursing journals and publications dating back to 1982.
Over 250,000 records.
Abstracts for over 250 journals, including over 450 author-supplied abstracts.
Indexing for journals, books and book chapters, dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, pamphlets, educational software packages and audiovisual material.
Internal subject thesaurus with over 7,000 terms—2,000 unique to CINAHL.
- Consumer Health Complete (EBSCO)
- Consumer Health Complete™ (CHC) is the single most comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content. It is designed to support patients' information needs and foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. CHC provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. This full text database covers topics such as aging, cancer, diabetes, drugs & alcohol, fitness, nutrition & dietetics, children's health, men & women's health, etc.
- Encyclopedia Americana (Grolier)
- Encylopedia available through Grolier Online with in-depth information for older students and adults.
- ERIC (EBSCO)
- Gain immediate access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index with ERIC.
- Funk and Wagnalls New Encyclopedia (EBSCO)
- Features over 25,000 informative segments of the encyclopedia.
- A freely accessible research database focusing on the relationship between human beings and the environment, with well-researched but accessible information on topics ranging from global warming to recycling to alternate fuel sources and beyond. Comprised of scholarly and general interest titles, as well as government documents and reports, GreenFILE offers a unique perspective on the positive and negative ways humans affect the ecology. Drawing on the connection between the environment and disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health and technology, GreenFILE will serve as an informative resource for anyone concerned about the issues facing our planet. GreenFILE’s initial release will include A&I for more than 600 titles, including comprehensive coverage – from to volume 1, issue 1 to present – for Bioscience (back to 1964), Conservation Biology (back to 1987), i>Journal of Ecology (back to 1913) and Journal of Environmental Planning & Management (back to 1948). The total number of records is approximately 295,000, and full text is provided for more than 4,600 records from open access titles.
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia (Grolier)
- Encylopedia available through Grolier Online with rich media for middle school and higher.
- Health Source - Consumer Edition (EBSCO)
- Health Source: Consumer Edition offers a resource for finding authoritative information on health-related questions specifically geared to the general public.
- LISTA - Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (EBSCO)
- This bibliographic database provides coverage on subjects such as librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Delivered via the EBSCOhost platform, LISTA indexes nearly 600 periodicals plus books, research reports, and proceedings. With coverage dating back to the mid-1960s, it is the oldest continuously produced database covering the field of information science.
- MAS Ultra - School Edition (EBSCO)
- This comprehensive database, designed specifically for high school libraries, contains full text for nearly 500 popular, high school magazines including America's Civil War, American Heritage, American History, American Visions, Archaeology, Astronomy, Bioscience, Careers + Colleges, Civil War Times Illustrated, CQ Weekly, Discover, Economist, History Today, Nation, National Review, New Republic, New Scientist, Popular Science, Science News, Scientific American, Smithsonian, World War II, etc. All full text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for 88,000 biographies and 60,000 primary source documents. Additionally, MAS Ultra (School Edition) contains more than 540 pamphlets, nearly 150 reference books (including the Columbia Encyclopedia, the CIA World Fact Book and World Almanac + Book of Facts), an Image Collection of 91,000 photos, maps + flags, color PDF and expanded full text backfiles (back to 1975) for key magazines.
- MasterFILE Premier (EBSCO)
- This comprehensive, general periodical database provides access to information on a broad range of topics including general interest, business, consumer health, general science and multicultural titles. This database also contains full text for 433 reference books, 84,074 biographies, 86,135 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of 107,135 photos, maps & flags. Designed specifically for the public library.
- MEDLINE (EBSCO)
- MEDLINE® provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree numbers, tree hierarchy and explosion capabilities to search abstracts from over 4,800 current biomedical journals. Included are citations from Index Medicus, International Nursing Index, Index to Dental Literature, HISTLINE, SPACELINE, PREMEDLINE, AIDSLINE, BIOETHICSLINE, and HealthSTAR.
- Middle Search Plus (EBSCO)
- Middle Searchｮ Plus, designed specifically for middle school libraries, contains full text for more than 140 popular, middle school magazines. All full text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for biographies, historical essays and student pamphlets. Additionally, Middle Search Plus contains primary source documents including Essential Documents in American History, reference books including the Funk + Wagnall's New Encyclopedia and American Heritageｮ Dictionary, 4th Edition from Houghton Mifflin, the Encyclopedia of Animals and an Image Collection. This database is designed to assist middle and junior high school students in learning how to research current events. This database can be accessed via Searchasaurus, EBSCO's search experience for elementary-to-middle school-age users.
- New Book of Knowledge (Grolier)
- Encylopedia available through Grolier Online with reference and current events for elementary school and higher.
- NoveList (EBSCO)
- Novelist is an electronic readers' advisory resource that assists fiction readers in finding new authors and titles. In includes 90,000 full text reviews, over 36,000 subject headings and a complete spectrum of searching options, including searching by title, by author or simply by describing pertinent plot details.
- Primary Search (EBSCO)
- Designed for elementary schools and children's reading rooms. Primary Search Online covers a wide range of general interest topics. This database can be accessed via Searchasaurus, which is EBSCO's unique search experience designed specifically for elementary-to-middle school-age users. Additionally, Primary Search includes the Encyclopedia of Animals, and features the Funk + Wagnall's New Encyclopedia, which provides students with easy-to-read encyclopedic entries written specifically for kids. This database also provides the American Heritage Children's Dictionary, 3rd Edition from Houghton Mifflin, and an Image Collection of 91,000 photos, maps and flags. All full text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles).
- Psychology + Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCO)
- The Psychology + Behavioral Sciences Collection is a comprehensive database with nearly 470 full text titles. This database covers information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry + psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods. Can be searched independently, but also allows users to link to the full text from citations located in PsycINFO.
- PsycINFO (EBSCO)
- This database contains more than one million citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations and technical reports, all in the field of psychology. It also includes information about the psychological aspects of related disciplines such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business and law. Journal coverage, which spans from 1887 to present, includes international material selected from more than 1,700 periodicals in over 35 languages.
- Regional Business News (EBSCO)
- Regional Business News provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. Regional Business News incorporates coverage of 75 business journals, newspapers and newswires from all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States. This database is updated on a daily basis.
- Small Business Reference Center
- The Small Business Reference Center is a comprehensive resource for small business owners and those interested in starting a business, offering full-text periodicals and reports, sample business plans, U.S. tax forms, videos and reference books. It supports small business owners in all relevant areas from planning, financing and managing a business to exit strategies. Users also have the ability to search within specific ‘Business Topics’ and ‘Business Types’ relevant to their needs.
- Sociological Collection (EBSCO)
- The Sociological Collection is a comprehensive database covering information in all areas of sociology, including social behavior, human tendencies, interaction, relationships, community development, culture and social structure.
- Teacher Reference Center
- This index of over 260 titles from the most popular teacher and administrator trade journals, periodicals, and books is now also offered free via the EBSCOhost platform. This database provides coverage on key education topics such as Assessment, Continuing Education, Current Pedagogical Research, Curriculum Development, Instructional Media, Language Arts, Literacy Standards, Science & Mathematics, and more for K-12 Teachers & Librarians.
- TOPICsearch (EBSCO)
- This current events database allows researchers to explore social, political & economic issues, scientific discoveries and other popular topics discussed in today’s classrooms including controversial opinions and viewpoints.
- WorldCat (OCLC)
- OCLC WorldCat database is the OCLC online catalog. It contains over 43 million records describing library holdings, including all the records cataloged by OCLC member libraries. It is the world's most comprehensive bibliography. WorldCat covers information on materials created earlier than 1000 B.C. It contains records from more than 50,000 libraries all over the world.
1024 Capital Center Drive | Frankfort, KY 40601
Toll-free: 877-588-5288 | Fax: 502-573-0222