© 2008 Kentucky Virtual Library/Council on Postsecondary Education
state & local government
- General (Compiled by Bill Richardson, KY Dept. for Libraries & Archives) (click to expand)(click to collapse)
- Cabinet for
Economic Development: Research and Statistics
- The Cabinet for Economic Development's "Research & Statistics"
page provides support for economic development professionals and businesses
through data source identification, reporting and analysis. Of particular
interest for state and local government research are:
- These profiles provide extensive community information on
Kentucky counties and cities.
of Economic Statistics
- Provides statistics on population, employment
and wages, unemployment, education, crime, income and poverty, labor force,
Sheets on Doing Business in Kentucky
- Provides information on taxes,
incentives, economic development programs, education, workers compensation,
utilities, transportation and more.
- Census of
Governments: State and Local Government Finances, 1997
- This table provides data from the 1997 Census of Governments on the finances
of state and local governments, both revenue and expenditures.
- Department for Local Government's
- The Department for Local Government's "Links" page provides
web links to Federal and State agencies, as well as links to Kentucky Area
Development District resources and related professional association sites.
- State Government Finances
- This site provides access to data on the finances of state governments,
both revenue and expenditures. Search boxes make it easy to select Kentucky
data for the year you need, or you can go directly to the data for 1998,
the most recent available.
of Kentucky Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Produced and distributed by the Finance and Administration Cabinet, this
report, includes all funds, account groups, and component units for which
the Commonwealth of Kentucky is financially accountable. The report describes
the Commonwealth's financial position and results of operations as measured
by the financial activity of various funds. Reports for the years 1996 through
2000 are available online. (PDF format)
- Office of Financial Management
- The Office of Financial Management is responsible for the review and approval
of all debt issued in the name of the Commonwealth. They publish several
- Elections (Compiled by Dee Wood, University of Kentucky) (click to expand)(click to collapse)
- This table provides Voting Systems that are certified by the Kentucky
State Board of Elections. It lists each voting system, approval date, and
- This page includes links to websites that provide information on elections,
polling results, and political parties at both the State and Federal level.
Votes for President and Vice President
- The National Archives and Records Administration publishes the daily Federal Register which contains Electoral College Box
Scores listed by state. Kentucky's electoral votes for President and Vice
president for the years 1789-1996 can be found at this site. Click on the
date in the "Electoral Votes by State" table to access the Kentucky vote.
- Kentucky Elections
- This web page, provided by the Kentucky Secretary of State, contains extensive
statistical information on Kentucky elections and Kentucky voter activity
down to the county level from 1973 to the present.
- Kentucky Registry
of Election Finance
- This web page provides detailed statistical data and reports on the financing
of state and local elections in Kentucky.
- Kentucky Voter Registration
and Turnout in Presidential Elections
- The Federal Election Commission provides national and state historical
statistics on voter registration and turnout in Presidential elections.
This site provides Kentucky information for the years 1960-1992.
1024 Capital Center Drive | Frankfort, KY 40601
Toll-free: 877-588-5288 | Fax: 502-573-0222