Anyone may have access to the free resources of http://www.kyvl.org. To use the licensed databases, a person must be affiliated with a member library in Kentucky. Examples of member libraries include Kentucky’s public schools, public universities and colleges, and public libraries. Independent schools and colleges, hospitals and other libraries in Kentucky may also opt to join KYVL.
The member fee, as determined by criteria established by the KYVL Funding Committee, is actually a contribution towards the costs of the KYVL database contracts. Every member must pay a fee, regardless of library type and status as public or independent.
Benefits of Membership
With KYVL membership, the licensed databases can be integrated into the library in two ways:
- Via IP authentication which means onsite access via any computer on the network served by the IP's provided to KYVL; and,
- An id/password that the member library may distribute to registered patrons or affiliated users of that library to access the KYVL databases remotely.
In addition to complete access to KYVL's licensed databases, KYVL member libraries have the option to particpate in several cost-saving programs. For more information about any of these services, click on the links below or contact us through our Ask a Question form.
- Purchase resources via our Master Agreements
- Consortium for the Ex Libris/Voyager integrated library system
- Lyrasis membership and services
- Free training on KYVL databases
Who is Participating?
The institutions below have all committed to supporting KYVL during FY 2012-2013:
- Public K-12 Schools - List | Map
- Public Libraries - List | Map
- Colleges and Universities
- Hospitals and other Special libraries
- Independent K-12 Schools
Want to know who has participated in previous years? Check out the lists below.
Become a Member
If you would like more information about becoming a KYVL member, please complete the appropriate form below and email it to the KYVL Director, Enid Wohlstein.